Budget Oversight 2015
In preparation for each agency performance and budget oversight hearing, Council committees ask all government agencies a series of detailed questions about performance, employees, services, spending, and accounting practices. Agencies submit their responses in advance of the hearing so that the Council can have as much background as possible on the agency’s operations and expenditures when questioning department heads and other key witnesses. In addition, to assist the Council with reviewing, analyzing, and preparing the budget each fiscal year, the Office of the Budget Director requests that each agency provide the following:
- Attachment I – Contracts: Agencies enter into contracts with vendors, providers, and companies to provide particular supports or services.
- Attachment II – Intra-District Transfers: Intra-District funds track payments for services provided by one District agency to another District agency. The buying agency spends its own budget from local, federal, special purpose, or private grant funds. The receiving agency records this expenditure as intra-district funds.
- Attachment III – Federal Grants: Grants the District receives from federal agencies, including block grants, formula grants, certain entitlements, and competitive grants.
- Attachment IV – Spending Plan: Agencies submit a spending plan laying out how the agency intends to spend their total budget request over the course of the fiscal year.
- Schedule A – Position Listing: Agencies are required to provide the Council a listing of all positions (FTEs). Agencies are asked to include, for every position, the title, status (vacant or filled), salary costs, fringe benefit costs, and status (continuing, temporary, term).
These documents ensure that the Council has the same set of critical information from each agency necessary for completing its work on the annual budget. Learn more about how to read the budget documents here.
BUDGET OVERSIGHT DOCUMENTS
Business, Consumer & Regulatory Affairs
Judiciary and Public Safety